Typography

Pre-Production: 

My experience on deciding my quotes was fun. I enjoy superhero movies and stuff related to that so I based my quotes off of those topics. All of my quotes were said by a superhero. When I was choosing fonts for my first quote I wanted the font to be simple and balanced. Next I tried to choose a more fancy font so it would allow me to bold it and make it pop. For the star typography I chose a font for great that would make it stand out when placed on the star. Finally for my last quote, I chose different fonts to compliment the main word at the end of the bullet.

Production: 

I prefer working in Illustrator since I like the feel of it. I just created some simple graphics to go along with the quotes. I didn't want it to be too detailed since it has to be clean and simple. I learned more about downloading fonts from different websites. I also learned how arranging the font can affect how the viewer reacts to it. I did mostly center aligning since it is appealing to me. I only used the regular left align when I had my list quote since I felt it went with it well. Working in color was a better experience than working in black or white. I was able to make the quotes pop out more and give it some mood. I wasn't enjoying my balanced quote at first but when I added all the colors to get the outside feel I liked to so much better.

Post-Production:

I think my final types turned out decent. If I had more time it would be spent on the color scheme of the list quote and aligning the text on the star quote. I was thinking of having a chalkboard background for the list and moving some of the words to the left more for the star quote. I tried my best on this project and had lots of fun. It brought out lots of creativity and individual choice which was what I liked the most about this project. Overall this was a fun project and it was helpful getting advice from some  of my friends.

Comments