Photoshop Challenge ("Nature Man")

Ideas: 

When I first saw this picture of the "Nature Man," I was just going to do a dirt jacket with a mountain head or something simple since that was in the tutorial. But as I kept looking I decided that I wanted to do a project that would take a little more time and effort. I went on a royalty free picture website and started looking for pictures that I could possibly use to incorporate in the design. After searching for a while and not finding anything I had to be more specific. I chose an animal with a design and fur so I could use it for the hair and suit.

Process: 

First I had to use the selection tool to select his head portion and then his body portion so I could put them on different layers. Then by using layer masks I could erase the part of the suit that I wanted my zebra print to be shown. Then I dragged in the savanna background and essentially did the           same concept. I had to clean up some of the white spots around his hair and jacket which was pretty easy. I did some blur around his hair to make the tiny spots and added a color layer to make it red and give it a feel that is was hot.

Result: 

The end result ended up how I wanted it to be except I wish I could have used the zebra hair to replace his actual hair. I also wanted to clean up some of the edges more to make it seem more natural. Lastly I wish I could have kept some of the creases in his jacket to make it flow better but you can't have everything. This project was fun because we all had different ideas on how we were going to design the man.

Comments