Performance Review

Panorama Collage:

For this project we had to first take pictures of a topic of our choice. I chose to take pictures of my backyard. Then we brought these photos into Photoshop to create the actual design. The goal was to incorporate all of them to make it flow better. This project took about a week but the actual photos only took about 10 minutes. Some of the challenges I faced were lining up the fences instead of placing them randomly in the grass and changing the darkness of the images to bring out the shadows but still having the brightness. Some things I learned along the way were some adjustment layers, clipping masks, and adding patterns to certain objects. Some feedback I got was lining the grass up better so I tried my best to do so. I enjoyed this project because my dog was the center of the design and it shows the environment that he enjoys the most.




Autumn Icons:

For this project we went to a website for instructions on how to make the icons. There were nine different icons that we had to make as long as the board to place them on. This project took me about 3-4 days. Some of the challenges were that I didn't know how to use some of the tools since they were new to me and that some of the proportions for my icons weren't the best. Some of the things I learned were typing in the color codes, moving anchor points, and reflecting objects horizontally instead of copying and pasting. One change I made was on my maple leaf since you could tell there was a circle in the middle so I had to make the corners more sharp. This was one of my favorite projects since the icons are very simplistic and visually appealing.

Infographic:

For this project we had to create all of our graphics that we would be using in our final infographic. I first had to research some topics and see how the different planets looked. This project was one of the most time consuming as in it took about two weeks to complete. Some of the challenges I encountered were trying to make my planet's lines curvy. I also had to make different shapes over the circle so they could be different colors than the planet itself. I learned how to use the pen tool, make personal color swatches, and add some effects to the graphics. When I was adding an outer glow to the planets, I accidentally applied it to everything so it took me some time to undo it all. I had to make some changes to my original design since my sketches were too complicated to make in Illustrator. Although this project is not completed yet, I have had a lot of fun doing it since there was a lot of student choice.


Time Management:

Whenever I get done with a project, I usually ask my friends sitting next to me on their opinions. Cade is experienced with graphic design so he almost always has something to say. Most of the time I am very productive and get my work done on time. Some of the things I do outside of class is design things with my aunt who is a photographer. Sometimes I help her with the photoshoots by setting up the lights. She has shown me a lot on photoshop and other programs that have enhanced my projects. 

Strengths: 

Some of my strengths as a graphic design student are that I am very organized and get my work done on time. I feel that I have been creative this semester but have still followed instructions and met the requirements. I have been proficient in Illustrator and think that I understand the software we have been using very well.

Improvement:

Some of the things I need to improve on are knowing everything on Photoshop to help me out with some projects. I struggle with the drawing portions of graphic design such as sketching. Coming up with the ideas instead of already having a guideline to follow is something I can work on. 

Summary:

Something I loved most about this semester was the Illustrator part. I like the clean looks of the projects that I have created. I if were to do something differently it would be spending more time on my Photoshop projects to make sure they are the best to my ability. My take away from this semester is that you should try your best and be creative on everything. My goal for next semester is to better understand the tools and areas of Photoshop. Graphic design has been fun this semester and I can't wait to keep doing it in the future.

Beehance:

https://www.behance.net/cadenmcnea6d0e


Comments