Logo Design


The Process: 

When this project was introduced to us, we had to first sketch our ideas on scratch paper. I thought of the circle with some lines to make the letter C. Then I tried to think of basic shapes to make a logo with and one that would be more challenging. After getting my sketches approved, I was allowed to  bring my ideas to life on Adobe Illustrator. I wanted to make the triangle logo first to see how it looked. I played with different strokes and sizes of the triangle to give it some variation. I liked the idea of the dotted triangle on the outside because it represents that I am welcoming to everyone but once you get to know me I am strong on the inside.

With my name around the circle, it posed some challenges. I couldn't figure out how to make it all readable since some of the letters would appear upside down, so I had to make another circle on top of the existing one to make it look correct. Also for the C cut out of the circle, the lines were not very even and I couldn't make the C exactly straight. But after doing several different types of the triangle, we had to pick a color scheme that would compliment our taste. Myself being a Kansas State Wildcats fan I like the color purple, black, white, and grey together. I looked at other colors too but this one fit the best for me. 

Next, we had to put our personal logo on mockups to see how it would have looked. I chose a variety of different images to put the logo on since logos are everywhere we look. Overall, this was by far the most fun project of e-Communication because we got to be super creative and experience the true design process.

                                                                                                  






Comments