Multi-Exposure Panorama


Personal Narrative:

One peaceful afternoon, I walk out onto my screened in porch and realized what a wonderful day it is. I call for my dog Jordy to come outside and play so he is tired out and doesn't wake up my parents during the middle of the night. He brings out a random toy to go with the tennis and soccer balls already in the backyard. Jordy sprints down the stairs in excitement and starts rolling around in the grass. We both race to the ball and Jordy obviously beats me to it. I order him to drop it but he does not listen. Instead, with the ball in his mouth, starts going crazy.

I chase over to his other green ball and am able to get hold of it. Jordy sees me, comes over, and sits down since he is now ready to play. I chuck the ball as hard as I can and Jordy runs as fast as he can over to it. Usually once he has the ball in his mouth he likes to flop on the ground to make it seem dramatic. After repeating that for a while, Jordy starts to wear down a little so I will pull out his doggy pool if it is a hot day and he will cool off. The rest of my family sees Jordy laying down and comes out to admire how cute he looks. My sister and I will start to bounce on the trampoline and mess around while my parents cook dinner.

Our other dog, Buster, is a beagle who is a little overweight and tends to stay inside or on the deck most of the day. Jordy tends to aggravate Buster by biting his ears or his behind. Jordy will also start to show off his teeth and growl to see if Buster will react. Buster knows that he runs the show at our house and will bite Jordy if necessary. If Buster goes for that bite, they will play fight for a good 30 minutes to an hour. It is funny to see them after because Jordy runs out of breath before Buster does. Buster takes advantage of this by chomping on his ears and getting them soaked since he saves all of his energy by sleeping all day. But, most of the times I am the one that will play with Jordy. If it's just going on a walk around the neighborhood, playing fetch in the backyard, or wrestling with him in the house, it goes to show why a dog is a man's best friend.

Reflection:

In order to make the panorama, I first had to take pictures with a specific theme in mind. My theme was my backyard since I had a lot of memories there. After uploading all my pictures into Google Classroom, I was able to bring them all into Photoshop. My idea was to do sections at a time since with that many photos on one board, it was hard to see everything. The first thing I did was adjust the shadows and darken the images a little by pressing Cmd+L. Then I cut out the parts of the images I wanted to use such as my dog, the warning post, and the trampoline. Making the photos blend was very easy since the grass all matched up. I like how the panorama shows how green and clean my backyard is. It shows the trees I used to climb when I was younger, the struggles of trying to build our screened in porch, and all the injuries on the trampoline. My backyard has brought my family and friends together since there are a lot of things to do outside.

Comments