E-Comm 4th Quarter Reflection

Overview:

Every year in the E-Communication program, students are challenged to create a product and advertise within a group. My group made the product Introverse which is a pill that reduces the effects of awkwardness. The teachers give the students the entire 4th quarter to work on this project. Everyone teacher specializes in a particular category during this project. For example, you will be in Animation for 2 weeks then switch to Video for 2 weeks and so on. Some of the challenges we faced during this project was that one of our team members would go off on her own and not contribute to the project. Also when we switched from Graphic Design to Animation, the website got messed up and we had to mess with the CSS code. This project showed me that everyone has their strengths and weaknesses but can still contribute to all aspects. Being part of a team doesn't mean making one person do all the work but dividing it equally for everyone. During our practice presentation some of the feedback we got was to have a good hook and not to read directly off of the screen. We changed our introduction so it wasn't just us saying our names and then going right into the website. My overall opinion of the work I did during this quarter was great. I was assigned to do the website and since it was the only thing we had to show, I knew I had to step up my game and succeed.

Class Time:

During 4th quarter I made a commercial, did voiceovers, made a 3D animation, and created the website. After I completed these tasks I checked back in with my team to see what they thought about them. During the voiceover, my team members wanted different recording methods so I did both to make them happy. This was significantly present during website construction. I had to change some of the colors to make them contrast each other and asked my teammates to come and type out their personal bios for the website. I came in a few times to work on the website to make sure all of the links were working properly and that none of the pictures were broken. We did have to also rush through our video because one of our members was gone both filming days but didn't tell us she would be gone.

Strengths:

I have been very organized throughout the year. I always get my work done on time and always try my best to make it look good. If I finished early I would always tell myself nothing is perfect and that there is something else that could be fixed. I maximize these strengths because I am almost always focused during class time and stay pretty quiet so others can work peacefully too.

Need of Improvement:

Getting to know the programs better is something I want to be better at. There are tons of shortcuts and keys that can get you to different areas very quickly. Also, blocking out distractions would be something I need to work on since there is always one person in a class that enjoys hearing their own voice.

Summary:

The thing I liked the most about this quarter was meeting new friends. Since everyone was assigned different rooms and teams, you got to meet a lot of new people. If I were to change something from this project it would be communicating effectively. Most of my teammates missed at least one day and didn't talk to us that they were going to. This would have been helpful so that the people who are there can help fill in for their work. A thing I learned is that everyone thinks differently and has their own opinions that you have to respect. A goal for next year is to come in during my free time more and work on projects for fun since I will have a car and be able to drive myself. This project was by far the most fun one yet since it was the most in depth and used all of our skills that we had learned throughout the year.


Website:

Home Page
About Page







Our Ad
Coupon and Locations


































Team Continued...

Our Team






















Introverse Commercial:





Introverse Packaging:


Other Graphics Used:


























Comments