10 Words

The Ten Words project's scope was to incorporate words that we thought represented us as a person. It showed how all of us are unique and have different traits than everyone else. For example, one word that I chose for myself was organized. I like everything to be in order, clean designs, straight lines, and binders or papers filed so it makes my life easier. I plan to use these modernized ideas in my future work because it best reflects me. To make this first animation, we had to brainstorm the words. This was definitely the easiest part since no one knows you better than yourself. Next, we used Photoshop and entered our words onto a slide. If you put the words outside of the viewing area then later in the animation put them on the screen, it creates an illusion that it is coming out of no where and returning to its original spot. I learned a lot about how to render the videos, change several features of the words including color, size, and location. Also, if you don't get your work done on time, you will realize very easily that it is fairly hard to catch back up with the rest of the class. If I could change something about my animation, it would be the areas the words enter the screen from. Instead of them all coming from the sides, I could make use of the top and bottom parts of the screen to make it look like it has a diagonal entry and not just a boring straight line. I would keep the same words, colors, and fonts in my animation. It is very colorful and bright so it stands out to you. Making a good first impression is very important in the world, and little things such as this can do so. Overall, my first animation wasn't bad. There were several things I could have done different or better but will learn from my mistakes, keep practicing, and make animations to the best of my ability.

Comments